
In July I went on a SCUBA dive trip to Catalina with a bunch of my extended family. It was a live-aboard boat called 'The Sand Dollar'. It was SO much fun. We would dive then the staff would fill our tanks up and we would go again! We saw Sea Lions, Kelp, Sand Sharks, Rays, a Seal, and tons of other amazing things that most people only see on the Discovery channel.
This is a bunch of people headed to a cave dive one morning. The Captain went with them and said that it was an advanced dive so I chose not to go.
This is a very small island that I think they called 'Bird Island'. The white stuff is not sand, it is bird poop. There are tons of rocks and other smaller island that are exactly the same. They jut out of the water and are pure white. The Cap. made a comment that it was 2 feet deep, yuck!
This is inside the galley. There are 3 tables and the cooking area. The food was amazing! The cook would have something ready for us every time we would surface from a dive. The staff consisted of two deck hands, a cook, captain, and co-captain. We got to know one of the guys and he is on his off-season with his Caribbean job due to tropical storms. He was from Louisiana. The rest of them were from CA. They were so fun and willing to just chat and give us all the info we wanted. I would recommend this trip to anyone!
July
11 years ago
1 comment:
I love that you got a picture of Bird Poop Island! :) I'll try to get our pics to you this week! Wish we could have gone to Doreen's wedding and seen you guys! Your flowers looked great. :)
Post a Comment