HI
On Monday I had to call an ambulance to come get my shaking, exausted, in emense pain, puky, having the runs, Hubby. He had a hard time making it up the stairs with 2 firemen on either side of him. He had felt a little nausiated when he got home from work around 4:30 and at 7:30 the pain and everything else hit and held on for dear life. By the time I got to the hospital and back in the ER to see him they had him on major pain meds and nausia drugs and they weren't doing a thing for him. They ended up giving him a dose of a pain med that would have killed someone my size. They did ultra sounds, CT scan, and loads of blood samples. He moved to Observation, then up to the 5th floor and admitted officially. The docs had/have no clue as to what caused it.
This morning he called me in high spirits and said he might be able to go home!! I have to say that was the best info I've had all week. I got back to the hospital and he just looked SO good! The Matt I left the night before was in so much pain and just tired and there was nothing anyone could do for him. Just before lunch another doctor and a small team of med students came in and discussed his symptoms and analysis stuff and decided on a stone. Honestly, I never knew that passing a stone could be so painful for someone who doesn't even have a gallbladder!! They figure the majority of the pain was because his internal anatomy is slightly different with the few surgeries he's had. It is now 2 PM and he has to give one more sample and then the doc will clear him to go home!! YAY!!!!!!!! I have to say that Tuesday was the longest day ever!! Running on 2 hours of sleep and the docs having no clue what was going on...yikes!! Do not want to do that again, ever!
Hopefully next time we chat Matt & I will be home and well and seizing the day to do whatever we want!
On Monday I had to call an ambulance to come get my shaking, exausted, in emense pain, puky, having the runs, Hubby. He had a hard time making it up the stairs with 2 firemen on either side of him. He had felt a little nausiated when he got home from work around 4:30 and at 7:30 the pain and everything else hit and held on for dear life. By the time I got to the hospital and back in the ER to see him they had him on major pain meds and nausia drugs and they weren't doing a thing for him. They ended up giving him a dose of a pain med that would have killed someone my size. They did ultra sounds, CT scan, and loads of blood samples. He moved to Observation, then up to the 5th floor and admitted officially. The docs had/have no clue as to what caused it.
This morning he called me in high spirits and said he might be able to go home!! I have to say that was the best info I've had all week. I got back to the hospital and he just looked SO good! The Matt I left the night before was in so much pain and just tired and there was nothing anyone could do for him. Just before lunch another doctor and a small team of med students came in and discussed his symptoms and analysis stuff and decided on a stone. Honestly, I never knew that passing a stone could be so painful for someone who doesn't even have a gallbladder!! They figure the majority of the pain was because his internal anatomy is slightly different with the few surgeries he's had. It is now 2 PM and he has to give one more sample and then the doc will clear him to go home!! YAY!!!!!!!! I have to say that Tuesday was the longest day ever!! Running on 2 hours of sleep and the docs having no clue what was going on...yikes!! Do not want to do that again, ever!
Hopefully next time we chat Matt & I will be home and well and seizing the day to do whatever we want!

2 comments:
That's so awful! I'm sorry! I hope he's out of the hospital and better soon! Good luck!
That's scary! I hope he's doing ok now. I know I'm far away, but if there's anything I can do, let me know.
Post a Comment